Spring Joys


     May is my favorite month in the year, when nature's beauty returns to my part of the world in full force. My sacred space is in the back yard now, where I go to work in the gardens, listen to the birds and watch them and the bees enjoying the space with me. I did, however, create this indoor space to represent the blessings of spring. 

    Pussy willows are a harbinger of spring, and I just read that they also symbolize recovery from illness. How appropriate for me as I begin to walk without the assistance of a cane! The flowers in the vase all come from my native gardens where they welcome bees and other insects in our yard. 

    My mother's marble eggs rest in a robin's nest that was left on a perch over our kitchen steps last year. The photographs are reminders of past springs that my children and I enjoyed together. And my brother's painting above the scene represents the glory of nature in any season other than winter!

    Here are a few photos of my outdoor sacred spaces:







Comments

Popular Posts

Gift from the Sun

Blessings from the Sea

Abundance and Gratefulness

Advent Wreath

Day of the Divine Feminine: Friday the 13th

The Spirit Altar