A Room of My Own



    During the first 42 years of my marriage, I often wished that I had a room of my own. A room that I could keep free of clutter, artfully decorated with my favorite books and momentos. Three years ago when we moved from Oneonta, New York to a new home in Delavan, Wisconsin, I finally had my own room. 
    
    My room is a sacred space in itself, a place where I can go to connect with friends and family via my computer, or connect with the Divine in whatever way I feel inspired. Sometimes I light a candle and sit in this chair to meditate, read, journal, or pray. 

    The little table and the green chair both belonged to my father, and the lace-trimmed handkerchief was my mother's. I like to change the objects on the little table from time to time, but they always include something symbolic of the four elements of Nature, such as the dish of crystals for earth, the blue bird for air, the seashell for water, and the candle for fire. The goddess figurine symbolizes the I Am presence within me and all of humanity. The books on the shelf below offer guidance and wisdom for the spiral path of spiritual growth. 

    One of the books on my shelf is A Little Light on the Spiritual Laws by Diana Cooper. One of the laws she writes about is "The Law of Frequency or Vibration." She says: "Angels have a high-frequency vibration. Simply thinking about them raises your consciousness." I often think about angels or other high-frequency beings while I sit in the green chair. Diana goes on to say: "To do something because you feel you should or ought to do it has a low vibration. Guilt and obligation are not good reasons for doing things. When you change your attitude or decide to do what you genuinely want to do, you radiate high-frequency energy."

    Creating sacred spaces, spending time in them, reading and writing about them, is something I enjoy. In doing this work I believe I am raising my energy - which then raises the energy of others around me. We are all One and everything we do effects everyone else whether we realize it or not. It is my hope that this blog post will touch others in a positive way. 


Comments

Popular Posts

Gift from the Sun

Blessings from the Sea

Abundance and Gratefulness

Advent Wreath

Ode to Autumn

Day of the Dead Altar